Thursday, March 29, 2007

Wheelchairs - Great Invention!

In an attempt to get my energy level back up as I get ready to go to work, I've been trying to get out for extended periods. Today I spent some time at a coffee shop near Steve's school. He then showed up for lunch. I wanted a change of scenery after lunch, so I told him I could walk the 1 block back to his school and hang out there. That was the longest walk of my life (even longer than the 39.2 mile walk last summer)! Of course I'm exaggerating, but when you walk with your arms, 1 block is a long way. I'm getting a great upper body workout using the crutches.

We then stopped by an art gallery to see a new exhibit - thankfully they had wheelchairs that you could use. Ahhhh...sweet, sweet wheelchairs. The only downside was I had to try to navigate the bathroom with the wheelchair - doors just aren't made to open from a seated position. Some of the time I wheeled myself, some of the time Steve did it. He had fun at my expense - he pushed me to the water fountain and in the middle of my drink he pulled me backwards. I drooled all over myself. Steve had a good laugh, so I guess that's what counts.

I was worn out after today! I'm now just sitting in my chair for the remainder of the night.

No comments: