Monday, March 12, 2007

Toe Shines and Chocolate

Ok, so I won't normally post multiple times a day, but this blogging is new and kind of fun. This will be shorter - promise!

So the problem with the surgery is that it has left this orange glow on my toes that stick out from my cast. (some kind of antibacterial stuff) It's been bugging me for awhile, but given that I can't reach those toes easily with a cast on my leg I've let it stay. I've also been hesitant to ask Steve to clean them - I mean seriously, who really wants to touch someone else's foot that hasn't seen soap in a week (I have to cover the foot when I shower). Those of you who know me, know that I have a thing about socks, feet, etc. Anyway, we picked up some Ponds facial wipes at Target and I talked Steve into cleaning my toes. (They were seriously orange - like fingers get when you eat Cheetos.) He made some reference to giving me a "toe shine" (vs. shoe shine) and graciously agreed. Still have an orangish tint, but much better!

Second item has to be about the bag of Lindor's truffles my sister-in-law and family sent me. I made Steve leave the bag up by me (but across the room) so that they might last until tomorrow. There is a missing bag of chocolates downstairs that my friend Jenni sent me that I'm sure I'd find the empty package in Steve's office. I do believe that Steve checked on me quite a few extra times today just in order to pick up another chocolate. I finally got up on my crutches at one point and hid a few of them so I could have them later. Seriously, who takes candy from a cripple? Steve does - that's who! Now it's dinner time and when I asked Steve about it he says "Debbie, we've been eating all afternoon!" No, he's been eating all afternoon, I've only had 2 of the chocolates! He did bring me a fruit cup which has helped. By 7:00, I'm going to insist he make me something.

On a different note, I've started reading a pretty good book "When Charlotte Comes Home" by Maureen Millea Smith. So far so good! Also proof that I haven't been watching Judge Matthias and Montel all day. I will say that I got the scoop on Regis' heart bypass surgery first hand this morning.

Oh - and a few people have asked about me and the NCAA tourney. I'm definitely doing a bracket with my friends in Arizona. My only fear is that I will totally blow one part of the bracket by having Illinois go at least to the second round of games. I just can't diss my alma mater and not at least pick them to win one game. I need to work on the rest of the bracket - guess I should do that soon. Oh yeah, I have all day tomorrow on the couch to work on it too!

Bye for now.

No comments: