Saturday, March 24, 2007

TV Commercials

We are getting some much needed rain right now - given my pictures from yesterday we were in serious need! We may get some thunderstorms overnight - cool! I actually got out a bit today - the temperature was in the mid-60's and very pleasant.

I've just been watching the basketball games this afternoon. Thank goodness Ohio State won - I'm still in the running for the pool! For those of you who watch the games or much tv at all, I'd like to comment on a few of the commercials. Some of which were Superbowl ads, but some I think are newer.

Rock, paper, scissors - Bud Light commercial: For some reason, I think this commercial is hilarious. It's rather mean, but a good one. "I threw a rock." It reminds me of the commercial last year that had 2 guys in a locker room talking about a cell phone and one said it had a theft deterrent feature. He then gets the other guy to reach for it and then throws it at the guy as the deterrent. Hmmmm, maybe this says something about my mental state.

Convertible ads - there are 3 out right now, but the one that I find myself watching each time is one with a woman wearing a blouse and black skirt. She questions "Stan" about getting a convertible and then says he'll next want an "amp" and then she gives a "rock 'n roll" hand gesture. Strikes me as funny.

Sonic breakfast burrito: Two guys in a car talking about one's grumbling stomach who's named Charley and he'd be gone if the guy eats the burrito. These are the guys that last year had a tatertot commercial that cracked me up. "Don't even go there with that weak tot action. You've got to go strong, or not at all." Anyway, I don't really like the current one, but wanted to talk about the tatertot commercial.

Powerade Option: a woman is lifting weights, one arm has 10 pounds, one has 50 pounds and is obviously a man's arm. That one creeps me out.

OK, enough commercials. Maybe I need to read more!

1 comment:

chumly said...

I saw a commercial where the child asked a parent where "tater tot fish came from." It was a sea food ad for frozen fish dinners.