Friday, March 23, 2007

Ordering Steve Around

I like to be able to take care of things on my own, get what I want, etc. It's amazing at what you lose when you suddenly have to rely on others to help you on a daily basis. Being dependent on others is not something that comes easy for me. I have a "caretaker" personality, but this turn of events has made me the dependent one.

The main person I rely on at the present time is Steve. He's been great about making meals, helping me with my boot cast, taking care of stuff around the house, getting groceries, etc. This morning Steve brought me a yogurt for breakfast. After a little while I asked if he could get me a hot tea as well. I could sense the frustration and I said "Steve, there's nothing I can do but order you around." That really is what it's come down to. That at least made him chuckle. He took some dishes that I had on my nightstand downstairs. I then heard him say "I feel like a freakin' dishwasher jockey." Now I had to laugh!

He really is dealing well with this new role for him. Some of you know that he has been taking classes lately. The other day he said he didn't know he had signed up for "Burden 101" this semester. It's this sense of humor that has made the last 3 weeks bearable.

He does get a break this evening as a couple of women that I used to work with have invited me to hang out at one of their houses tonight for a change of pace.

Quick update on my tournament bracket - I'm in 2nd place in the pool that I'm in. Luckily Ohio State pulled out the win last night! We'll see how the rest of the weekend does for me.

Well, Price is getting ready to start, so I think I'll close. Speaking of Price, I found out that a woman I know at work is going to be on the April 4th Price is Right. That'll be fun to watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Steve!

Debbie,glad you're getting out tonight.

Sharon