Saturday, March 31, 2007

Recommendations and Miscellaneous Items

Today has been spent recovering from my venture to the concert last night. I watched O Brother Where Are Thou - with George Clooney. A movie I had seen before, but still good nonetheless. I would recommend it without reservation. I then started my all time favorite movie - Gone With the Wind. I have seen it a number of times, but just don't get tired of it. I do wish the ending would change, but I have my "what happens after the movie ends" down and it's a happy ending. If you've seen the movie, you know it's a lengthy one. I haven't finished it yet.

We actually went to the grocery store and ran a few errands today. I stayed in the car for everything but the grocery store. I did get an electric cart for that trip. One of our errands was to a sporting goods store. Steve bought me a pair of weightlifting gloves to use with my crutches. I'm getting some ugly looking callouses on the palms of my hand and am hopeful that the gloves will help. They make me look pretty cool if I do say so myself. If anyone reading this ever has to use crutches, I'd recommend getting a pair of gloves like this. The nice thing is the fingers are cut out, so you don't lose any tactile ability.

I've been watching the Final Four tonight. Go Ohio State! I'm back in 3rd place in my pool. I need Florida to win the second game and then Ohio State to win it all. I then should be in 2nd place and will win a little cash. :)

Steve's grandmother emailed me with a scoop on Price is Right. She read in a magazine that Mario Lopez has been tapped to replace Bob Barker. She did say you can't always believe what the "rags" say, but I have heard he's one of the top contenders for the job. We'll see what happens.

Go Buckeyes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I do wish the ending would change, but I have my "what happens after the movie ends" down and it's a happy ending."

I would never have thought of the ending in this way. So if you don't like the ending - change it!

Sharon