Saturday, March 31, 2007

Blue Man Group

Last night Steve and I went to our 3rd Blue Man Group performance. (http://www.blueman.com/) The first time we saw them was in Boston about 9 years ago. It was a small theater and was an awesome experience. The last two times have been larger arenas and not quite as good as the first. They still are good and I'd definitely recommend seeing them to anyone.

We got to the arena early in order to see if we could switch our tickets for handicap seats. Thankfully we were able to. The only downside was the walk to that section was further away than our original seats. But being able to have space and put my leg on a chair was worth it!

There were a couple of people in wheel chairs that had foot injuries as well. I was wishing I had a wheel chair at that time. I'm thinking having one at work would be awfully nice. :) I guess in a little over a week I should be able to walk a little on my foot.

The concert was pretty good. Our seats ended up being pretty awesome. We were center stage - although at the back of the arena. We had a talkative usher that was pretty funny at times. He was telling us about cleaning up the floor seats after the concert and said that the country western concerts are the worst. 5% of the people that attend are already drunk. Lots of beer bottles/cups to pick up afterward.

I thought I had walked a lot on Thursday - that was nothing compared to last night. Even with handicap parking, it still was quite a walk from the ramp, through the arena and then to our seats. My shoulders and arms are quite sore today! You just don't realize how hard it is for handicapped persons until you become one. I promise from here on out - I will always give extra space, get out of the way, help if I can to any handicap person I can!

No comments: