Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Memento and Other Thoughts

Given my forced time of relaxation, I'm able to watch movies in the middle of the day. Today I revisited a movie that I first saw back in 2001 - Memento. The story is told in reverse order and is very well done. Would definitely encourage anyone to watch it. It's a little violent, but not too bad. You definitely have to pay attention to what's going on to follow it.

Another movie that I find is very entertaining if you're in the right mood is "Office Space." The first time I saw it - hated it! Then last year I was home sick one day and with nothing else to do I decided to watch it again. Hilarious!! I've now watched it at least one other time when I was sick. Maybe it's just a sick day kind of movie. Anyway - it's definitely on my list of movies to watch while I'm out of work.

By the way, I finished the book I started yesterday - would definitely recommend it. I've got some others to start and if they are worthy of making the blog I'll include them.

Price is Right Update - only 1 out of 6 players today won their game! Not a good day for the contestants. I've noticed that the younger the player, the worse their guess is for the showcase showdown. Today a young woman guessed $27,000 on a showcase that included a dining room set, a snowcone maker cart, and a baby grand piano. I would have said around $16,000 - the correct amount was $17,000 (something like that). Anyway.....

Steve brought home a pizza from Figaro's in Burnsville. If anyone has a Figaro's near them, it is great pizza and I would definitely recommend trying them!

Ankle pain today was at a minimum - it was only a 1 Vicodin day!

More later.

No comments: