Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What a Difference 3 Weeks Makes

A little over 3 weeks after the biggest snowfall of the year and a fall on ice that resulted in my broken ankle, the temperature yesterday hit 81! That big snowfall that I tried shoveling only lasted about a week at most. Yesterday was sunny and actually a little hot. Not that I'm complaining - although when you have to wear a ski boot on your foot it tends to hold in the heat even more.

All in all, I'm doing much better with my ankle. I'm getting more movement in my foot and am able to sit for an hour or so without the boot on - let the boot and my foot breathe a bit. I'm getting out a little bit more and getting acclimated to the world again. Sunday I actually sat outside for a little while to breathe in the fresh air (with only a hint of smoke occasionally - see pictures of fire in earlier posting.)

My foot still pretty much looks like the picture in the link to the right. I can't imagine how I'll ever be able to get into a regular shoe again, but I guess that doesn't matter until mid-May anyway!

Steve's still managing to put up with me and keep up around the house - kudos to him!

No comments: