Sunday, April 1, 2007

Debbie & Ebert - Movie Reviews for a Sunday

I finally made it into a Blockbuster and was able to stay long enough to pick up movies. (A week or so ago I tried and had to leave due to some little issue with my foot.)

So - today was movie day!

For Your Consideration - an ok movie. Nothing fabulous, but it didn't lose my interest either. It was rather short which helped. Basic premise is it's a movie within a movie and a buzz starts that a number of the actors might get an Oscar nomination. Ebert's review was very positive (www.rogerebert.com). He gave it 3 1/2 stars. I'd give it 2 1/2. It didn't help that the disc was scratched and kept "catching" during parts of the movie.

Stranger Than Fiction - good movie. It wasn't as funny as I thought it was going to be, but it kept my interest and I thought Will Ferrell did a good job. The movie details the life of a man named Harold Crick whose life is being written by an author who is determined to kill the character at the end of the novel. He can hear her narration and quickly realizes what is happening. I won't give away anymore, but it was a cute movie. Ebert gave it 3 1/2 stars. I would have to agree.

Running With Scissors - haven't finished this yet. Very strange movie so far, very dysfunctional. Steve was around when I was watching this one and he asked if we could switch it out for another one. I haven't decided if I'll go back and finish it or not. We'll see. I know that you should give a book 50 pages to decide if it's worth your time or not. Not sure what the count is on movies.

Napoleon Dynamite - OK, so I finally watched this movie that some of my coworkers have quoted over the years - Gosh! It was good. I was ready for it to be pretty lame, so I was pleasantly surprised. I don't think I'll watch it over and over again like some people have - it's not to Office Space status. I'd probably give it 3 stars. Ebert gave it 1 1/2 stars - ouch!

As my eyes are now a bit blurry from so much screen time, I think I'll call it a night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I have your tots?