Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Back to the Gym

All good things must come to an end....my hiatus from exercise is over. Actually, it was great to get back to the gym today. I went after work and did 15 minutes on the "ergometer". The ergometer is an upper body cardio workout - like pedaling a bike, but with your arms. It just felt good to do something to get my heartrate up - besides just walking on crutches.

My one crutch walking is going pretty well too. I have to get warmed up in the morning - some people have reminded me that I'm not getting any younger. Once I get going, I can walk pretty well.

It was beautiful weather here today and I did think about the fact that had I not fallen, I would be training for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk in June. Still pretty bummed about not being able to do that. Maybe that can be a goal for next year. Although, I may want to reconsider. Last year I walked and 3 days later I fractured my big toe. This year I was going to walk and broke my ankle. Hmmmm....

No comments: