Saturday, May 26, 2007

First Walk Outside

Yesterday I met Steve at the gym and we went for a walk around a lake across the street from the gym. This was my first attempt at walking outside (besides going in and out of buildings). We made it probably about a 1/4 to a 1/2 of a mile before my ankle was telling me to quit. It was a good start at least. Can't say it was much of a workout for Steve, but I sure felt sore afterwards. I still walk very slow.

Next week will present me with another challenge - my first time flying since before I fell. I'm heading to Phoenix on Thursday for the weekend. I'm looking forward to the trip but will enjoy it more once I get through security and the airport. I'll keep you posted as to if I set off the metal detectors. I'm either going to take a crutch or a cane as I go through the airport. I figure it's better to have people notice there is something wrong with me than just thinking I walk funny. Maybe they'll stay out of my way - and hey, I should be able to board the plane early!

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend. I'm looking forward to the extended weekend. My company also started summer hours this past week so I was off of work at noon on Friday!

Enjoy the start of summer. Be safe!

No comments: