Sunday, May 13, 2007

2 Days and Counting

2 more days! That's what I hope will be the number of days I still have to wear the old walking boot. I go in on Tuesday to see the OS and 5 weeks ago he indicated that this next appointment will be when I get back in my own shoes. Although, as I've mentioned before, not sure I'll have a shoe that will fit. Although I found some cute looking shoes (Mahogany is the color I like best - kind of brownish and purple) in the Land's End catalog that look like they'd be comfortable and stylish. Not exactly work shoes, but they look like they'd be good for someone just starting to walk again.

OK, so 11 weeks ago we had about 14 inches of snow. Today we broke a record by hitting 92 degrees! That's a little warm - especially when you have a thick sock and boot on your foot. My parents were up for a visit this weekend and one of the "tasks" my mom had on "my" agenda was to paint my toenails. She did that today with only a couple of comments about how hot my foot was and that it kind of smelled. Well - that's what 92 degrees does I guess.

We had a great time with my parents this weekend - lots of good restaurants and activities. They are on their way home now though. Next up for me - a trip to Phoenix (speaking of hot!)

Be sure and check back for an update on Tuesday or Wednesday as to if I have a regular shoe on my foot or not. I hope you can sleep while you await the big news!

Take care!

No comments: