Friday, May 18, 2007

Familiar Looking Boot - Ahh, Growing Pains




Does this look familiar? Looks like the old "stormtrooper" boot again doesn't it? There's a bit of a difference though - do you see it?

The good news is that this is not my foot! The bad news is that my niece Krista is now the proud owner of an Aircast walking boot too. Luckily she only will have to wear it for a week - unlike my 8 weeks.

Krista has been having some heel pain and at first it appeared that she may have a fracture in her heel. The podiatrist looked at the x-rays and thankfully she doesn't have a fracture. However, she does have an irritation on or of the growth plate in her foot. (Something like that anyway.) Guess she really does have growing pains.

Now that she and I have this in common I told her I'd put her picture up on the site to go along with my pics. Send good mojo her way that she will only have to have it for a week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Schnikes.