Friday, August 10, 2007

Over 5 Months Since the Fall

I'm sure everyone is interested to know how the old ankle is holding up these days. Suffice it to say - better than 5 months ago! I almost feel like I can do everything I used to do without much pain. The swelling around the ankle continues to be present, but it's not as big at least.

This week I've been in more pain in the evenings. It's hot and humid - wonder if that's the problem. The other thought is that I'm now not "babying" it as much and so maybe I'm just using it more. I've iced it a number of times and even used a foot massager that we bought recently.

I was talking to a co-worker the other day about how it still occasionally causes me trouble. Her response was one of surprise. She had broken something too in the past (not anything that she walks with by the way) and was surprised that it was still bothering me. Made me wonder if I was healing slow, but then someone else pointed out to me that she probably didn't have a plate and 8 screws to repair the break either. Point well taken!

Anyway, I'm healing and getting around much better. Still have the pain occasionally, but all in all - getting around much better than last March.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: