Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's Over!

I completed the GRE this morning - bring on summer! I thought the exam went ok. There were two essay questions that I think I did better on than I was anticipating. The verbal section was tough. None of the four words from my previous post were on the exam. In fact, not too many of the 300+ words I studied were - or at least I didn't recognize them. The math section was pretty tough too - I ran out of time and didn't even read the last few questions, just guessed. Thankfully my scores didn't seem to be too reflective of the guessing at the end. My quantitative score was better than the verbal. I just have to wait for the essays to be scored and then see what the University does with my application. The good news is that my scores are above the average scores from students last year!

After the GRE this morning I met Steve for lunch. He made the comment that he hadn't been to the nearby zoo (I had been there with family members a few years ago.). We ended up calling an audible and going to the zoo for the afternoon. I really enjoyed seeing the fish exhibits, but it made me a little dizzy looking at the tanks. It was pretty cool to have a shark coming right at me (with a nice thick piece of glass between us). I also like the monkeys - one was grooming another. I've heard of this before, but never have actually seen it. We spent about 2 hours there and had a good time. I then got on the riding lawn mower and cut grass for an hour or so. My ankle handled all the walking pretty well, but I guess the combination of the walking and the vibrating of the lawn mower took its toll. My foot is hurting tonight - it's not swollen though.

Thanks for the good wishes! I'll let you know when I find out if I get in to the Master's program.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so how come your older sister(me) didn't remember that you were working on your GRE? Had you told me?:)
Congrats on getting this completed. I was fortunate to not have to take the GRE for my master's program a few years ago.