Sunday, June 10, 2007

Not Much Going On

I really am struggling to find something to write about these days on the old blog. I want to provide posts for your reading pleasure as frequently as possible so I don't lose my "faithful readers." Now that the world doesn't revolve around my broken ankle (or Bob), I find I have less to write about.

At what point do I stop saying that I have a broken ankle? Maybe I should have stopped back in March when a plate and screws were put in place to repair it. Given that I'm walking ok right now, I guess it's not really broken anymore. However, I don't think it'll ever be normal again. Of course the 2 lovely scars on each side of my ankle also remind me daily that there is something not quite right about that foot of mine.

Last weekend should have been my 39.3 mile walk as part of the Avon Breast Cancer Walk. I was sad I wasn't able to do the walk this year - maybe next year. My sister walked the whole thing for the 4th year in a row! She has a very personal connection - her sister-in-law passed away last year from breast cancer. I talked to Susan last Sunday after the walk and she sounded absolutely beat. I wonder if she's recovered yet. The difference between Susan and I is that I actually train for the walks. She's able to walk it without training - no way could I do that.

So I've sat here for several minutes just staring at the screen. Blank mind = blank screen. Guess I don't have much else to write about tonight.

Here's to a good week (and better material for me to write about)!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you can't blog about your candidates! ;-) I'm referring to all the GOOD stories of course!

Anonymous said...

I could blog every day about candidates - it would have to be separate blog altogether. Better not though!