Thursday, June 21, 2007

GRE Brain Drain

I feel like all I've done lately is prepare for the GRE that I'm taking on Saturday.

I'm done studying tonight - need to get a good night's sleep. I take the test on Saturday and so am quickly running out of time to study. I think I'll do ok on the quantitative piece of the test. I'm a little more concerned about the verbal section. There are a lot of "GRE" words that I'm still trying to memorize. I've made about 300 flash cards and it sure is a struggle to get through all of them. I'd say I have about 200 of them down pat, but there are the remaining 100 to get in my head.

Hmmm....maybe should have been studying words back in March while I was out of work - instead of being Bob Barker obsessed!

So, wish me luck on Saturday! I'm looking forward to enjoying the summer as of 12:00 p.m. Saturday.

In the meantime, here are a few words for you....

sedulous - diligent; hard-working
recondite - hidden; concealed; difficult to understand
torpid - lethargic; sluggish; dormant
prosaic - dull; lacking in spirit or imagination

I am feeling rather torpid this evening after having been so sedulous in studying for the GRE this week. I only wish the vocabulary words didn't have so many recondite meanings. The entire process of studying has resulted in a prosaic blog entry this evening.

No comments: