Thursday, July 5, 2007

Catching Up

I've been doing some traveling over the last weekend and have been keeping busy at work. Steve and I met up with the rest of my family down in Louisville, KY for the weekend. We took in a Cardinals/Reds game Saturday night. A few of us went to the University of Louisville's Speed Art Museum. Highly recommend it if you are in town. We of course had some good food and fun catching up with the rest of the family.

We kept pretty quiet for the 4th of July. We did take an 18 mile bike ride. Some people might suggest that I start out with a 3-5 mile bike ride my first time out since the ankle break, but I always like to bite off more than I can chew. Although I was able to get through the 18 miles yesterday. I'm a bit sore today though.

Another key accomplishment this week has been that I was able to run up my stairs at home. I was pretty excited to do that! You just don't know how much you miss being able to do the little things in life... Of course I can't do it today (see 2nd paragraph).

Onto other news....the GRE studying has paid off. I not only did ok on the GRE, but I have found out that I've officially been accepted to the graduate school I applied to. I start this fall!

That's what has been happening in my neck of the woods. Hope you are having a great summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun picture! I'd say that definitely says 4th of July:)

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! Katie got a kick out of seeing herself on Aunt Debbie's blog (although she asked what a blog was -- how do you answer that one?). I enjoyed seeing Debbie's blog (although it took me a while to figure out how to post a comment so that you'd know I've been here!)

Looking forward to some good entertainment later as I go back and check out your musings on Bob Barker and the Price Is Right!

Anonymous said...

Probably the better Price is Right musings were in ones from March when I was first at home.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).