Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm Back

It's been more than 44 days since I last posted.  (Obviously!)  Since early November, I have finally completed my Masters degree in Human Resources and Industrial Relations.  I still haven't quite gotten used to that fact.  I think part of it is that until the last week or so it just felt like semester break.  I didn't feel like doing much over break.  School didn't get out until almost Christmas.  Needless to say, I did not get cards out this year.  Now the new semester has started and I have friends back at school.  However, I am doing what I want in the evenings.  So....what does that entail?

I have gone back to a Bible study on Monday nights.  This is something that I've enjoyed over the years (prior to classes).  It's been nice getting back into that type of a study.

For Christmas I was given a set of private squash lessons.  I had my second one tonight and I'm feeling pretty sore already.  (Hope I can walk tomorrow!)  My goal is to beat the hubby once in awhile.  I'm learning some strategies to do that...now if I can put them to use!

Those are the only two "committments" that I have during the week with the exception of work.  One thing I've been enjoying is catching up with friends for dinner and/or a glass of wine.  Just knowing I can do that when I want without the pressure of "needing to study" is great. 

I've been slow getting back to Debbie's Discourse as I am still contemplating what I want this blog to be about.  It's been 3 years (almost) since I started this to occupy my time during the ankle recovery.  I have used it over the years to provide quick updates, talk about the dogs, etc.  I'm wanting to change focus.  What might that be???  I've thought about gearing it towards a food blog.  There are so many out there, so I wouldn't be competing with the heavy hitters.  This would just be a place to capture some of the great meals that I share with friends.  So, that might be an option.

So....if I have any readers still, I'll try and get back to this blog on a more regular basis.  If I don't have any readers anymore....well, it's a good place to write and capture thoughts. 

Hope you all are having a great start to 2010!

No comments: