Thursday, February 26, 2009

Deja Vu 2009

We have gotten probably about 6-8 inches of snow today. I left work early and had the oddest deja vu sensation as I slowly traversed home through the piles of snow. It took me a good 1.5 hours to drive home. Thankfully I left early.

So, back to the deja vu. 2 years ago, we had a similar snowstorm on a Thursday just like today. It was also the end of February/beginning of March. Same type of snow, same long drive home. That day we ended up with 13 inches of snow and work actually closed on that Friday. I doubt we'll have that happen again, but who knows...it is still snowing. Anyway, I decided to take advantage of my "snow day" and start by shoveling snow. Well, most of you know the end of that story...a slip on a patch of ice, snap, crackle, pop, ambulance ride, lots of vicodin, crutches, surgery, plate and screws in the ankle, 4 weeks off of work and lots of sympathy.

I think I'm better prepared this time. I don't shovel, I have boots that fit, and I look at the ground when I walk. Still it's hard not to think about it when the weather and dates are all setting up to be quite similar.

I can't believe it's been 2 years since I fell. My ankle is drastically improved. It still gets sore and looks terrible with the scars and such. But, I'm able to play squash at the gym without too much trouble. I never would have thought that I'd ever get back to normal, but all in all I have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the vu that you do so well