Sunday, May 29, 2011

Back to it....

I have been on hiatus after having a fabulous meal in New York City in March.  I had every intention of blogging about my experience at 11 Madison Park, but I could not figure out how to start writing about that experience.  I arrived for lunch on a Friday afternoon and was dining solo.  I decided since I was going all out with the 3 course lunch, I decided to go with the wine pairings as well.  I quickly found out that this dining experience would be like no other I have had.  First the menu was simply a selection of ingredients.  You pick which ones you want and let them know of any allergies and they create your course around that ingredient.  I went with carrot, chicken, and chocolate.  In addition they had various amuses to start with which were delectable!  I really can't do justice to the food so I will simply post some pictures of the items that arrived at my table.


Beet Lollipop - Mmmm!!!
Carrot Course





Chicken
  
Chocolate






















2nd Dessert





After dessert, the manager came over to my table and asked me if she could show me the kitchen!  Of course!!  I was taken back to the kitchen and saw the huge number of people they had back there preparing the wonderful meal.  Then someone came over and made me a final cocktail to send me off.  Not sure what all it had in it, but it was frozen with dry ice.  At one point I said "well, this probably isn't very foodie of me, but this reminds me of pop rocks."  Turned out it WAS pop rocks.  Wild!

So ended a fabulous meal at a fabulous restaurant.  I found out that Eleven Madison Park was named Outstanding Restaurant USA 2011 by the James Beard Foundation.  This is similar to the Oscars for the foodie world.  Well deserved!

No comments: