Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy 2009!

I haven’t had much “blog-worthy” material lately, but my audience of 1 has commented recently that I must have given up on the blog. So….here I go.

Started a new job a few weeks ago. Nothing more humbling than going from being the “expert” in a position to being the newbie without a clue! It helps that I at least stayed within the same company, but it really feels like a different world. I think I’ll enjoy a bit of a slower pace for awhile though. My last job kept me extremely busy.

I traveled at Christmas and got to know the Detroit airport quite well. Thankfully they have a Westin hotel within the airport. That helped with the overnight wait that I had! It was actually kind of nice to be forced to do nothing but sit and watch tv. No computer, not much reading material with me. Not to mention no clothes, etc. I have learned to pack differently when having connecting flights. Always keep a change of underwear, toothbrush, and hairbrush in the carry on luggage. Of course you are told that all the time, but had I been listening???? Of course not. I now have a nice t-shirt souvenir from Detroit. And no, it isn’t a Lions t-shirt nor one of the Big 3. Although I guess that might have been a boost to the economy.

I had a great holiday all in all. Saw a lot of family. Saw “Marley & Me” – very cute, but sad. When I got back home I got involved in watching the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy with Steve. Probably a good 10-12 hours of hobbits, elves, dwarves and orks. Next up…The Godfather series.

Now it’s 2009. Crazy that the year flew by like it did. I’m off of school for a couple of weeks, so it’s a great time to get immersed in my new job. Of course I also have time for those other items I like to procrastinate with like…working out, cleaning, etc. I’ll try and balance my free time appropriately. :)

Hope you have a wonderful and peaceful 2009!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

orcs.

Debbie said...

never satisfied.

Dawn said...

I still check your blog occasionally. I'm afraid Facebook has taken over the blog thing.