Saturday, December 1, 2007

Almost 9 Months To the Day - Another Big Snow

We are in the middle of a big snow storm today - almost exactly 9 months since our last big snow. Might I remind you of what happened on that day - snap, crackle, pop! I can say that I am safely tucked in the house tonight.

We did venture out into the snow today though. We, after all, can't be slowed down too much by the white stuff. We went to a shoe store where I bought a pair of boots. They are broken in already. Nice and warm and seem to handle well on the snow. We also tried a Malaysian restaurant for lunch. It was pretty good and nice to warm up on a very cold day. We also checked out a couple of art sales in the metro area.

We've had anywhere between 4-6 inches of snow. No warm up in sight, so I think this snow will be around for a bit. It's -2 right now with the wind chill. I just take it slow, avoid shoveling, and Steve walks with me. :)

All in all, my ankle seems to be pretty good. It still swells up quite a bit depending on the day. I had dinner a few weeks ago with a former co-worker who had broken her ankle 4 years ago. She said she had swelling well over a year later. Guess I've got a few more months to go.

Work is finally slowing down a bit, so I hope to get back in the groove of blogging more often. Hope all is well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you yesterday and hoping you were safe inside:) It got icy here and the one time I was out in it, I almost went down flat on my back because I wasn't paying attention. We stayed inside most of the day, putting up Christmas decorations and watching football.

Anonymous said...

I'm so broke I can't even pay attention.