Monday, October 8, 2007

45 Down, 5 to go

Check out my map. All states in red are ones I've been to. Check out the following site to create your own map.

http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedStates

I added both Louisiana and Mississippi yesterday. I drove from Houston across Louisiana to Gulfport, Mississippi and then back to New Orleans and ended in Baton Rouge for the evening. I hit Gulfport right as the sun was setting. I dipped my feet into the Gulf of Mexico briefly and then hopped back in the car to continue my 9 hour day of driving.

One thing that was quite clear is that Katrina was quite the bitch. Driving along I-90 through Mississippi back to New Orleans was quite the site. You could tell that they still had uninhabitable housing and destruction still around. I was seeing most of this in the dark and you could still tell the destruction.

I'm glad I got those 2 states checked off of my list. I can't imagine that I'll be going back to those states anytime soon. I had my fill in the short time I was there. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have added to your list. It's so hard to imagine that two years later things are still so bad down on the Gulf Coast.
I'll have to go and try making that map of where I've been...not nearly as much red will be on my map:(

Anonymous said...

50

Anonymous said...

Steve's so funny.

Anonymous said...

40