Thursday, February 10, 2011

Asian Bowl

Imagine my surprise when the hubby suggested a new asian restaurant for dinner and it was a two table, mainly carry out restaurant.  I gave it a try even though there was no restroom for public use and I was counting on it after a long commute.

Asian Bowl was a very pleasant surprise.  It's a small store front that specializes mainly in carryout or delivery.  It is a family run restaurant and we had multiple people ask us how we were doing and if we were enjoying our meal.  The service was impeccable!

I ordered the Kung Pao Chicken dinner entree which was served with brown rice, one egg roll, and two cream cheese puffs.  The hubby went with a similar order except with tofu instead of chicken.  Both of our entrees were delivered very hot and fresh.  My Kung Pao was on the mild spice side which was exactly what I wanted.  The chicken pieces were very good, tender and well seasoned.  The rice was fresh and the egg roll was steaming hot.  The cream cheese puffs were fine - I don't normally get them so I didn't have a point of comparison.

This is a nice addition in the area and we will be trying them again!  I wish them the best of luck as they try to make a go of this operation.

Happy Eating!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I see you've turned into a food critic - LOVE IT! I've eaten at Asian Bowl (rather gotten take out) a couple of times and liked it too! Plus they are super cheap so you can beat that these days!

Debbie said...

I try to keep up, but we eat out too much to do every new place. I'll try and be better though!