Saturday, September 20, 2008

Only 3 to Go!


I've updated my map. The red indicates the states I've been to, the light gray are the ones I haven't.
I'm in Washington, DC this week for a conference for work. I stayed through the weekend to both experience DC and also take a side trip to Delaware and New Jersey to check those two states off my list.
DC is great - love the history and the cool old buildings. Today I started at the Library of Congress, walked by the Capitol, down the mall to the Washington Monument, toward the Lincoln Memorial and then over to the White House. The saddest part of the day was when I went and visited the White House. I just gathered where you could in front of the house. There were a number of protesters out there and it just didn't have a good vibe. Guess we'll see what happens in November!
By the way, I heard a Capitol policeman telling someone that the Capitol and the lawn in front of it is closing soon to tourists. They always close it 4 months before the inauguration to get it ready. Wow!
Well, it was a great trip to DC. We had a great conference - met some good candidates. I enjoyed hanging out with some of my colleagues and then spending a bit of time on my own. Tomorrow I head home and it's back to work and school!
By the way, I think 2009 will be the year to check off New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dog is eating grasshoppers.